Friday 19 November 2010

Jack Levine 1915-2010

http://gregcookland.com/journal/2010/11/11/jack-levine-the-last-interview/


I discovered Jack levine's work about 15, 16 years ago, came across a great publication of his work in waterstones of all places. Never seen it again though. Was extremely disappointed not to see any when we where living in NY, his work is in the Brooklyn Museum, Jewish museum, Moma, Met and Whitney and couldn't find one. I know he was coming back into vogue in the last few years as some curators were putting his paintings into political themed exhibition in the U.S.


1 comment:

Dougal McKenzie said...

Hi Mark, hope work is going well- looking forward to show at Visual in February. I had forgotten sort of about Levine, but I remember looking at him when I was at college in the late 80's, when Neo Expressionism a la Baselitz was the rage and alot of art students- including myself- were into the 'new figuration'. Looking at his work again on his gallery website has been v. interesting, he deserves to be in the TOP 10 I think! Great work, thanks for flagging it up- cheers for now, D