Wednesday 3 November 2010

Peter Burns






Peter Burns joined our studios (Talbot Gallery & Studios) and stayed for around a year. He has recently updated his website and it is looking really good. It's refreshing to see a painter embrace humour, art historical references and undercurresnts of darker themes with such aplomb and such a sharp wit. I will be showing with Peter and Mary Noonan in Roscommon Arts Centre in 2011 and having looked through Peter's site I think it has given me the kick I needed this week to keep pushing my own work.

1 comment:

Dougal McKenzie said...

Hi Anne- I'll be looking out for your show next year with anticipation. Me? Group show just ended in South Korea- past John Moores prizewinners organised by i-myu projects in London. There's not been too much about it, some info on the i-myu gallery website. Other than that, working towards next solo at third space in Belafst around Easter time. My next post will be a study for one of the paintings I'm working on just now....all the best, Dougal